You brush and floss daily and get regular dental cleanings to keep your mouth free from cavities and gum disease. Those aren’t the only threats to your smile, however. When you play sports, there is a risk of dental injury. If you feel stressed, you may be grinding your teeth without realizing it. In those situations, we can make mouthguards in Oxnard, CA to protect your smile.
Our mouthguards will:
- Fit comfortably since they are made just for you using dental impressions
- Greatly reduce your risk of broken or knocked-out teeth
- Stop damage that can occur from clenching and grinding
- Improve your sleep by helping you breathe more easily
You want to keep all your teeth for as long as you can, and you want those teeth to remain as healthy and strong as they can be. Let us help you at Anacapa Dental Art Institute. Call 805-800-8289 today to set up an appointment at our general dental office.
Provide the Right Protection for Your Smile
Our personalized mouthguards do cost more than the kinds you will find in stores, but there is a reason for that. And compared to the cost of losing and replacing teeth, custom-designed mouthguards are a bargain. We offer three kinds of mouthguards that you should know about:
- Athletic Mouthguards – Playing sports competitively or recreationally increases your risk of a dental injury. Athletes who don’t wear mouthguards are 60 times more likely to break or lose a tooth than athletes who don’t wear mouthguards. Custom mouthguards provide the best protection. They are also smaller, which makes them more comfortable to wear than boil-and-bite mouthguards purchased from stores. Plus, custom-made mouthguards allow you to breathe, speak, and drink water without removing them.
- Night Guards – Millions of people clench and grind their teeth while they sleep. You may not know this is happening, but you might notice the symptoms. Frequent jaw pain, jaw stiffness, headaches, and earaches may be the result of your grinding. A night guard is a special appliance that you can wear at night. It acts as a barrier between your upper and lower teeth to stop grinding. It also alleviates pressure on your jaw joints, which can stop the painful symptoms you are experiencing.
- Sleep Apnea Appliances – This kind of oral appliance serves a different purpose. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, you stop breathing when you fall asleep because your airways slowly close. These interruptions in breathing prevent you from reaching the stages of deep sleep.
Keep your smile looking its best and get the healthy sleep that you deserve with mouthguards in Oxnard, CA. Call Anacapa Dental Art Institute at 805-800-8289, or to make your appointment.