Halitosis can be embarrassing. Thankfully, you can treat your bad breath in Oxnard, CA with help from our dental experts. With more than a century of combined experience and training in specialized care, our doctors can:
- Treat the underlying causes of your condition
- Increase your confidence and make you more comfortable in social situations
- Improve your oral health
- Provide long-lasting relief
Bad breath is a treatable problem, and we are ready to help you overcome it now and for many years to come. Call 805-800-8289 to get relief at Anacapa Dental Art Institute. If you’re a new patient, ask about our complimentary consultations.
Eliminate Halitosis & Improve Your Oral Health
We have all experienced bad breath after eating certain foods. That kind of breath problem is temporary and can often be eliminated by brushing teeth or rinsing with mouthwash. Chronic halitosis, however, is a problem that requires more work to address. Fortunately, your general dental practice includes specialists who can provide expert guidance to address your condition. To provide the best treatment for you, we must first identify the cause or causes of your situation. You may have one or more of these contributing factors:
- Harmful Bacteria – Your mouth is already home to harmful bacteria. Brushing, flossing, and regular professional cleanings can keep bacteria in check. If you neglect these practices, your breath may reflect it.
- Dry Mouth – A dry mouth creates a perfect environment for harmful bacteria. As they multiply, it can create an unpleasant odor.
- Gum Disease – If you have periodontal disease, you need to seek treatment right away. Persistent bad breath can indicate you have an advanced infection. Our periodontist Dr. Jonathan Gordon can get your gums back in good shape.
- Medical Problems – A number of conditions – including diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, and gastric reflux – can have bad breath as a symptom. If we suspect you may have a medical condition, we will encourage you to visit your physician.
- Tobacco Use – The longer you are a tobacco user, the less likely you are to notice the odor that results from smoking. That doesn’t stop other people from noticing, though. We can provide suggestions to help you stop smoking.
If any dental office can find a fix for your halitosis, it’s the team at Anacapa Dental Art Institute. Start treatment for your bad breath in Oxnard, CA by calling 805-800-8289, or to make an appointment.